Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thumb Twiddling

Well, not exactly. But I'm not doing what I want to be doing. I think it's amazing how God manages to make pregnancy exactly long enough that by the time you're supposed to have the baby you're no longer concerned about the pain, or anything else. You just want to get the job done.

I haven't really been twiddling my thumbs, but there's a definite air of 'waiting' around. I bought some wool yarn and have begun to crochet a "wool soaker" which I really don't know enough about to be doing, but it gives me a little project. One that doesn't require me to be in the sewing room (a.k.a. guest room).

My mom is also suffering impatience. She is trying to help my dad run their business from afar, and I think it's making them both crazy. Their house is also under remodel, and that never goes the way you want. She needs to get back sooner rather than later, and at this rate there's no way I'll be up and on my feet by the time she must leave. God knows, though, so I'll have to trust Him. Although, she HAS lost her glasses, and has spent the last day and a half searching for them. There is no way she can drive home (or even spend time outdoors - hurts too much) without them. She may be here longer after all... (Actually, I think my dad is overnighting her spare pair).

I keep shopping to 'stock' the fridge and pantry to get us through this, and I keep having to go back because we're not through it yet!

I have a midwife appointment in a couple hours (that I was SURE I'd never have to attend!), so maybe she can do some voodoo and work things out for me. :) Not too quickly, I hope, because I need to do the abovementioned shopping right afterwards... My dad told me the other day he felt like it would be "Wednesday". Of course, he didn't say what Wednesday in particular, but if it was yesterday and he had money on it, he's out. Gi-gi used to staff an ob floor with nurses and never felt short because she staffed 'by the moon'. She thinks things look good for this Friday or Saturday. She's probably the only one not completely anxious. My in-laws got a wrong number call the other day at 5 a.m. She was jumping out of bed exclaiming "That's them!" and he was putting on his pants... all for nothing.

Hopefully my errands will prove a decent distraction today, without wiping me out totally. Last time I was out, I was sorely tempted to walk (waddle?) up to the pharmacist and ask where the pregnancy tests were located...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just when I thought perhaps you were having your baby (because we hadn't heard from you here in a few days) I see that you're still waiting. I'll be praying for it to happen by the end of the weekend and will anxiously await pics and a good report! And you had me literally laughing out loud at your pregnancy test stunt -- that would be hilarious!!!