Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stupid Weather

I ran across a blog the other day of someone obviously in California. Yeah, they might be outlaws now, due to the whole homeschooling thing, but they had sunshine. And fruit trees in full bloom. And flowers in pots on porches.

Here? Notsomuch.

Thursday dawned gray and gloomy, windy and cold.

But after lunchtime the sun came out and it warmed to 60 degrees.

Then the sun went away, and the wind returned.

And with it some snow.

And rain.

And hail.

Big hail.

Saturday dawned with 2 inches of snow on the ground.

The girls ask every day when spring will come. I finally pointed to it on the calendar, with multiple admonitions that though the calendar may say it's spring, you might not know it by the weather.

So our garden thoughts are staying just that -- thoughts.

6 comments:

MamaJ said...

Aw, I'm sorry. You can hate me too, my tulips are blooming....

annie said...

Don't hate me because of our weather. It has its own problems. Like sweat, sunburn, and mosquito bites in March. Ick.

May I ask why you need to stop knitting wool diaper covers?

EllaJac said...

Yeah, as the West Nile Capitol of... well, I don't know that we're the capitol, but we don't like'm mosquitos.

Hm... I'm amassing quite a collection of covers, actually. The bigger problem is the legless ones (which I have most of) are not appropriate (see post) yet. :) Therefore, I'm knitting things that *might* not fit once the weather warms up! I am working on a darling pair of longies though... I'm almost done with one leg. So yeah, if I stop knitting, maybe I could take up some other productive task (not gardening!)..? Maybe homemade samoas?

Fletch said...

yeah...those darn californians posting pictures of blossoms, orchards, grape vines, flowers...it's almost like they like to flaunt it...or something...

EllaJac said...

It's like he is the KGB of the internet...

Fletch said...

Explained here...http://www.themangotimes.com/?p=469#comment-1689
fletch