Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March Madness

The weather continues to toy with us. March definitely came in like a lion, with cold driving wind and rain, but aside from my neighbor's new wool-endeavor, there is no lamb in sight. Today in fact, it snowed. It snowed most of the day, but thankfully it didn't stick.



The other day, season notwithstanding, my eldest brought me a lovely bouquet. Truly, she did. She picked it from the outdoors, even, and no; I don't have any crocuses in bloom. She found a lovely vase, decorated it cheerily, and even filled it up with water for the, uh, flowers.





Motherhood is awesome.

5 comments:

MamaJ said...

Whoa! Is that the dawg in the background? Isn't he still a puppy?!

EllaJac said...

YEah, that's the dawg. She might still be a puppy... I think she's 9 months old or so, but she's almost strong enough to *drag me around the yard when she escaped from her cable* one day. Tried to eat my little apple tree there in her excitement to catch snowflakes, too. Argh...

annie said...

That is a lovely bouquet! Beautiful and so thoughtful. I hope spring is on its way for you!

EllaJac said...

It IS a lovely bouquet... However, as I was out of town a day or two, my return was hastened by a "wind and blowing snow" advisory, and it's COL-L-L-D here! Baby woke up a few times with chilly little hands, and as we're out of propane, my fingers are starting to stiffen up here at the keyboard... N-n-not sure if s-s-spring is on it's w-w-way or n-not. *chattering teeth*

MamaJ said...

I am sending nice warm thoughts your way!! Along with all my humidity and frizzy hair1