Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Obama Loves Kids

Okay, this is NOT a political blog, but sometimes I can't help it. This guy just can't quit... First, he stopped the Illinois legislature from voting to allow medical treatment for partial-birth abortion survivors, then helped write the Mothers Act, now this:







He doesn't want teenagers (who are having unwedded sex) to be "punished with a baby." He follows that up with not wanting them to be "punished with an STD."


Wow.


Babies, STDs, they're both such over-the-top punishments, you know.

In *my* world they're called consequences, and consequences can be good or bad. If you sin, and are expecting a child that you're not equipped to raise, someone out there is praying for a child to raise. That child is NOT a punishment, it's a blessing (ask God).

Too bad Bible wasn't preached at his 20-year church, eh? Maybe he'd have heard that by now.

2 comments:

Bethany Hudson said...

Oh my gosh!!! If I wasn't frustrated with Obama before this, I would certainly be jumping off the bandwagon now. Thanks for sharing that.
~Bethany
PS I've really appreciated your comments on my blog; thanks so much for stopping by :)

home handymum said...

sigh. yup. I agree with your post. How did our society get to this crazy place where people can just do whatever we want, whenever we want and when 'problems' occur, they're not to be anyone's fault? That would be 'blaming' people.

mental