Thursday, July 17, 2008

Therefore, ERGO.

Have I mentioned that I have an ERGO Baby Carrier? Have I mentioned that it works?

I was the hardest to convince. I'm one of those who have tried so many different front/back/wherever carriers, and none of them fit the bill. My main excuse was that my babies have all been 14 lbs by 2 months of age, and because they can't hold their heads up at that age, they have to be front-carried. And the reasons my babies get so big so quickly are also front-carried, if you know what I mean. Let's just say that made for many short-lived attempts at front-carrying my babies, and some considerable backpain.

I bought the ERGO because it had a 30-day money-back guarantee. :)

And you know what? It worked for me. I used the infant insert for a while (again, my big babies made that somewhat awkward), then when she could hold her head up, we practiced using it without. It took some getting used to, but before long it was our preferred option for grocery shopping (no carseat-carrier to fill the cart) and more. As far as my back is concerned, it isn't any worse than holding my baby close and carrying her around. Which is entirely doable.

As great as all that is, I'm happy to say it gets even better.

I noticed the other day that the big waist clip (think grocery-cart seatbelt, but MUCH bigger) was fractured (I think I recall enlisting Hubby's too-strong help once, to fasten it -- oops), and part of it was hanging by a thread. I could align the loose part okay, and it seemed to fasten securely, but I didn't want to take any chances. I googled replacement parts and came up empty. I went to their main site, and emailed their customer service about purchasing the part. Within hours, I got this response:

Hi {EllaJac},

Thank you for contacting us at ERGObaby. We can certainly send you a male waist buckle. Send us your mailing address (we go through the post office) and we will get the buckle to you as soon as possible so you can get back to baby wearing.

You'll get it in a few days. Hold off using your carrier until then. And take a good look at how it is looped into the buckle. You first loop through the back of the buckle. Go through the slot that is closest to the prongs.

Thank you {EllaJac}.

Alisa

Customer Service

That was yesterday. I replied with my address and got word today that it had been shipped. I am quite impressed, considering the so-called customer service I have been subjected to in the past (someday, after therapy and/or deliverance, I'll share the rest of my Amazon.com story). I will remember this. Thank you ERGO!

No comments: