Thursday, October 04, 2007

Close Call

Well, maybe not. The girls and I (all four of us!) braved the wholesale warehouse to shop yesterday. Big job, that.

I almost bought a case of 12 small cans of mushrooms for Hubby (he doesn't realize mushrooms are a fungus and therefore related to Athlete's Foot - ewww). The ingredients list passed the test (mushrooms, salt, ascorbic acid), but then I caught sight of another nice little piece of information.

Product of China.

No thanks. I've long sought to boycott china (impossible). These days, I'm convinced they're out to get us. Rat poison and melamine in pet food. Lead in baby toys. Now this. Nope. We're not buying food Made In China. Would I rather starve? Interesting question. I might last longer if I did...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! That is scary! It's incredible how many things are made in China.

My lots-of-babies post is almost done. Just need to look up a few statistics that I can't remember after the kids wake up from naps. Thanks for the question! It's good for my brain. Changing diapers doesn't give it too much exercise and I think I lose a few more brain cells each time I have a baby! :-)