Sunday, December 02, 2007

Found 'Im!

I've long since noticed an interesting phenomenon. It seems Osama Bin Laden hides in every Nativity I've seen. I have two Nativities (Nativitys?), and he resides in both: Interestingly, the first day we had this set out, Big Sister was adding some "decorations" and gently knocked Osama over, where his head promptly detached and rolled across the stable floor. Hubby managed to reattach it, but the donkey's ear and other Wise Guy's hand and gift are still in Nativity ER. This Osama is from my other, larger and fancier Nativity. I would not be so non chalant if this Nativity started losing body parts, so this year it remains in the closet. Where it has been since Little Monkey became mobile. I need to build a high shelf. Very high. This, I believe, is a more "recent" Osama. He's definitely got that aged look about him, and while his turban looks as though it's been spending some cave-time, his clothes are a little shmancier than I would imagine.

Update: The Wise Guy with the broken hand looks to be of African descent. Hubby has tagged him "Obama."





5 comments:

MamaJ said...

Osama! That's so funny. Our Nativity is actually Osama-less. We do have a Bob Saggat look-alike, though. Is your Christmas tree ornament-free from the bottom foot down? Ours is. We, too, have a Little Monkey type and he's already pulling on the bottom branches.

EllaJac said...

Actually, we went with the three tiny fake trees this year.. They're on an end table, and if we left any part ornament-free, the girls would find SOMETHING to put on it. They think every ornament in the box (no matter how big, heavy, bulky) must find a spot on the trees, and they end up in the easier-to-reach areas. I keep threatening to put the whole thing away if they can't stop overloading the things! :) But in years past we have had to do that... Why can't they make those pretty shiny things with rubber?

Anonymous said...

Wow, your nativity sets are beautiful. I love their detail. Is the wiseman in the bottom photo wearing fabric clothes?

EllaJac said...

Sariah, wow, you really ARE digging through my archives, huh? You'll know me through and through before long, if you don't already. :) Yeah, that last Osama (and the rest of his set) are pretty big and wearing (glued on) fabric. It's stiff, but fancy stuff.

sariah said...

I just love your writing style and the fact that you're into a lot of the stuff I love! Aaah yes, I guess I'm a blog stalker. It's better than reading the Times News online which is what I usually do....