Wednesday, April 09, 2008

We're Back!

The girls and I had a good trip. My dad chauferred us home yesterday, and headed back in his own car this morning. When my mom came last week, it took her 11 hours to drive it alone. With the kids it was more like 14 hours, but we stopped a lot to let the kids run around and to nurse/change Baby. Dad is more likely to follow the speed limit, but less inclined to make long stops frequently. He sure got his workout with the girls chasing him at rest areas though!

It was spring-ier there, but wet and soggy.

Here, still no spring.

They expect a temperature of 70 this weekend. *guffaws*

Today I awoke to snow and a COLD house.

I'm thinking I inadvertently stayed 8 months instead of five days, and am in the midst of December now. It's not very Christmas-ey though, which is what makes December's snow so cozy.

3 comments:

MamaJ said...

Hey, just think, with all the Global Warming that Hollywood is predicting, you could be going to the beach in April in a few years! ....cause that's what we did last week... I'm so sorry! I wasn't going to tell you, but it slipped out!

EllaJac said...

MamaJ, :P** That's my smiley face doing a raspberry towards you. hehe.. No, I was thinking about it; I think God just wants to prove to AlGore that he (al gore) isn't God... and doesn't know much either. :D

annie said...

Aw man....that's stinky. It has been horridly humid and hot here lately, though we're supposed to get a cold front this weekend. All the way down to 70! Woo! Better turn on the heater and get those down comforters out of storage again!

:)

I do empathize.

Incidentally, my uncle is a geologist and works with a lot of earthy types. Earthy as in people who study the earth and know a lot about it, not necessarily hippies (though most of them are). Anyway, he and those in his field say this whole "inconvenient truth" stuff is bunk. It is true that the earth is growing warmer, HOWEVER it's in a typical earth cycle. Meaning, this is normal. Nothing to worry about. The earth regulates itself.

So there. :)