Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Children of the State?

This is a great article highlighting our distaste at all things 'socialized'... national healthcare, banking bailouts, airlines.

But 90% of us frequent socialized education without a second thought.

Let's be done with that, shall we? Seems like we Christian Conservative/Evangelical types tend to take pride in our pro-life-ness, that we endeavor to bear children and raise good families. But what good is that if we're handing those very children God has given us over to state indoctrination every day for 13+ years?

It's time to rethink that.

Half a century ago, my father said often: "If I fail to feed my children, the government will step in. If I don't house them, the government has programs to help. Of course, I don't intend to turn those duties over to the government. But I would much rather have the government feed and house my children than to have the government shape their minds." ....The bells of freedom on every front traditionally ring more clearly where a biblical value system has been inculcated. No one should expect anything resembling such a result from secularist state-sponsored schools, which will naturally glorify the state. No one should be surprised when that's what happens.

From World Magazine.

No comments: