Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Day 3" Cookies

Don't they look delicious? They're egg-, dairy-, and wheat-free. They'd be better with chocolate, but oh, well. Chocolate is not a day 3 item, and all my chocolate chips have dairy elements. I hope Hubby loves them anyway.

The recipe follows, but I kinda made it up, so be forewarned.

Mix:

1 1/4 c. peanut butter (I used organic, that is runnier than conventional stuff with nasty corn syrup and evil trans fat)

1/4 c. or less coconut oil (you could use butter)

3 eggs (I used egg substitute - weird stuff)

1-2 c. honey (I used closer to 1, and added a dash of stevia. Sugar would probably work)

some salt, maybe?


Then add and mix:

2 t. baking soda

Add and mix:

4 1/2 c. rolled oats

1/2 c. oat flour (i.e. rolled oats that have been in the food processor)

Because it seemed a bit ... weak (slouching down the bowl sides), I added a bit more of the powdered egg substitute, which is mostly potato flour. If you used the sugar, and 'stiffer' peanut butter, you might not need the oat flour, even.

I cooked them 10 minutes at 350.

No comments: