Monday, November 05, 2007

You're Sorry?

I am right now paying the bills online. Well, I am right now blogging about it, but you know what I mean.

I pay all the bills online, whether at the company site, or through my bank. My phone/internet is one I've paid at the company site, and today I'm not impressed. They've complicated things upgraded their security and I don't have the code for it. Apparently that's not a problem, because I can click "skip!" and go right into my account management. How is that more secure? In any case, their bill-pay is messing up, and instead of processing my payment (as the little window claims, for a moment) and issuing my confirmation code, they ignore my payment, and send me back to the informational page where I can click "skip!" again to manage my account. I did it twice, and called customer service to find out if I'd paid once, twice, or not at all.

While on hold, the recorded voice keeping me company uttered (with deeply regretful tones), "I'm very sorry for your wait..." What? A robot/computer feels emotion? I kind of understand the whole "your call is very important to us" (I don't buy it though), because at least it is speaking for the company or it's people, as opposed to uttering it's own sentiments, like my remorseful, albeit digital, friend.

No comments: