Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lost!

...and (hopefully not!) gone forever, Clementine. This has been getting a little crazy, actually. As a family, we have lost a lot of important things lately. Of course, my special purse-pen disappears occasionally, and as important as that is, it's not all. Add to this the complication that Hubby is still only working about 11 hours a week, and you see that replacing all of these lost items isn't completely reasonable right now.
  1. Hubby lost his glasses a few weeks ago. He remembers putting them somewhere soft while he removed his coat and neck-warmer-thingy. He remembers they fell behind something. We've searched behind everything soft and un-soft... So far no glasses.
  2. We lost our last cell-phone charger. That was a fun week. We actually bought another one before Gi-gi found ours hidden at her house.
  3. We can't find the car keys. Nine days ago we drove around with our last shmancy push-button keychain (I lost the first one a year or two ago). We haven't been able to find it since, and I'm hatin' - hatin'! - having to actually insert a key into a locked door or trunk whilst juggling 3 kids and a full grocery cart. I juggled kids and monkeyed with the locks before dragging said kids into the Toyota parts center to see if I could get a new one. He mentioned a $33 charge, cutting the key, having it 'programmed' at the service department (a 20 minute deal), and the fact that the service department was over-booked that day as it was. I still don't know if the $33 covers all of that or just the 'part.'
  4. My driver's license has disappeared. Really, disappeared. I sat down here at the computer to pay bills yesterday and noticed the cute little window where my face looks at me from the checkbook was utterly empty. I have a vague recollection of pulling it out weeks ago to let a cashier write on my check, and an even vaguer-recollection of replacing it...somewhere. So far my wallet, purse, and coat pockets come up empty. That's what I get for telling the DMV I lost my last one when I really just didn't want to hand it over at renewal time.
  5. My mind. Obviously. If I hadn't lost this, I might know where the above things have ended. They're probably all hanging out together, plotting something sinister. They have my driver's license, the car keys, hubby's glasses... I bet they're going somewhere, and they don't want me to be able to call for help on my cell phone!!!

No comments: