Monday, January 18, 2010

Undercover Photog

Every once in a while, when I actually get the photos off the camera and onto the computer, I find a few surprises.  Surprises that make me happy that I have a digital camera and don't have to pay for film and developing and all that.

The girl, she doesn't know Kodak EasyShare doesn't have a macro lens.



And it's frequently some close-up, blurry detail of Organique's clothes.


Or Baby's.



Or the ugliest part of the ugliest 'comforter' we have kicking around here.  Ick!


Here's... part... of a big framed picture we have hanging on the wall.  Do you like it?  Do you want it?  It's lovely, but the colors just aren't right (then again, I probably need to repaint that room anyway).  The frame and mat were probably $300, and I like it, but it just doesn't like living here.  Make me an offer.  Like, offer to give it a home.


Then there are great bits of art like this one.  Clutter is one thing; saving the evidence forever is just mean.  Rubbing it in.  SOMEDAY I'll really fix that window valance thingy.  Maybe I'll even close the cupboard and put away the broom.  Seriously, what is going on here?  I think Organique is attempting a somersault.  I think this was before our Thanksgiving trip and I was washing and reassembling all carseats/straps/pads and the like.  It was definitely after my one brown shoes wore out, but before I got new brown shoes.

The burning question:  Do I lock up the camera, or teach her there are NICE things to photograph???

1 comment:

Andi said...

Both? I guess it depends on how careful she is with the camera itself and/or how nice/expensive said camera is. If you're comfortable with her ability to handle it responsibly (taste in photo-art notwithstanding) I'd get her a little book on photography and put her to work learning to take great pictures! Fits under art AND career development for your homeschooling curriculum :)