Thursday, October 25, 2007

Real Evil

Most (both?) of you have probably heard the newsflash a few days ago that J.K. Rowling announced that one of the characters in the Harry Potter books was gay.

I have not read the books.

I have not seen the movies.

I am not convinced that my children will become satanists if they read or watch Harry Potter. I'm not among those Christians who deem it inherently wicked and evil due to it's portrayal of magic and sorcery (remember though, I haven't read it). It certainly never struck me as anything that would edify, however, so I haven't planned to pursue it.

That has all changed.

When I heard the above newsflash, I was horrified. I have piles of problems with political correctness, so-called 'tolerance', and the State replacing parents, but this "out-ing" as it were, really rubbed me the wrong way. How dare they? How dare they produce and market and sell to our children, and then spring this? As I understand it, the character in point is a good, kind wizard. Maybe even a teacher-wizard or something. Did you know this is a stated technique to further social acceptance of this sexual deviancy? Yep, take that which is good, kind, smart, or wonderful in some way, and then (once those traits are recognized and accepted) assign a new label; gay. It's called 'conversion.' It manipulates the mind to associate gay with good. And while I find it annoying to see this method used upon me in the media, at least I am mature enough to recognize and refute it. I find it downright wicked, however, to witness this manipulation aimed so straightforwardly at our children. To me, THAT is the greatest threat I've seen from Harry.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Well said. May your children be blessed through your insight and stand against this and other such evils that do and will face them.

EllaJac said...

Wow, thank you. I hope and pray they are!