Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Can I Comment Anonymously?

The short answer: Nope.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men... (Romans 5:12)

You could read that, "through a few commenters, the banning of anonymous comments entered the blog..." Of course, you may do as others have done; create a fictional blogger profile with a pseudo-email address, and even go to the trouble of commenting from out-of-state (or having someone there do it for you). In that, you may remain anonymous. If I suspect this however, the comments are not published.

I asked the Anons to type their li'l name at the bottom of their comments, but none were willing... And so The Law was brought forth. :(

As Stacy McDonald writes, "If you want to share your words of wisdom, you'll have to own them."

The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious, But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up; the words of his mouth begin with foolishness, and the end of his talk is raving madness. (Ecclesiastes 10:12-13)

And I'm sure everyone is tired of the disclaimer, but I'll put it here again... This blog is not about anyone else or their choices, decisions, or convictions (I hope that doesn't hurt anyone's ego!). It's my journal of events, my journey towards Truth, my semi-public scrapbook - how I aspire to fill my life with what will matter to me on my deathbed. I am honored that others have interest in my thoughts, and I pray they are challenged, encouraged, edified, and ultimately blessed by what they read.

No comments: