Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Really Am Here

And I have almost no excuse for not posting more great gift-y posts. We've had snow, which is fun. It delayed my trip to Town for a day, and the local junk-store didn't have double-pointed-knitting-needles. I got some today, though. Yep, because I don't have enough to sew, crochet, bake, cook, plan, tend, wash, scrub, organize, remodel, or launder, I decided to (re)learn to knit. I'm better at it this time around. Not sure yet if I'm 'good enough'. My dear friend brought me five skeins of "sheep string" (Big Sister called it that) from New Zealand! I don't know if they're skeins, actually. They're yarn in a large round, then folded over and tied up. They require some "rearranging" before being useable. But it's real, fresh, undyed wool. You can almost hear it "baa." Anyways, it just begs to be used more nobly than I manage with a crochet hook (no offense to other crocheters, but knitting is so genteel, don't you think?), so I am diving in. Maybe that's why I haven't posted. My fingers are tired.

I shall try to get another post up one of these days...

No comments: