Tuesday, August 07, 2007

And the Mixer Nears...

The Mary Kay sale is gearing up. Emails have gone out, letters have been mailed, and some orders have come in. Some haven't gotten their letters yet due to geography, and more's the pity for them because I'm already out of Sable Eyeliner, Microdermabrasion, some eye colors, and lip glosses, and I'm not sure what else. Maybe normal/dry Age-Fighting Moisturizer. I'm within hollering distance of my Mixer budget, and hope to order it this week! *near squeal of excitement here*

In other news, my Camry is the best car ever. Well, it's the best car for me, ever. I turned it in today to have her (her name is Mary Jane) makeover done (ok, some scratches and dings dealt with), and in exchange I got a silver Chevy Malibu. Now, I've really only ever heard decent things about the Malibu, but there is just no comparison. For one, the Malibu is an automatic, which is terrible for 90% of vehicles out there, in my opinion. I know someday if/when we get a van we won't have much choice about it, but there it is. Secondly, the Camry is FAR more comfortable to sit in and drive. Of course, I'm pregnant and "used" to my car, but I really think my back wouldn't like the Malibu anyway. The Camry accellerates much faster, drives more smoothly, more quietly, and has a more 'substantial' feel to it. I'm not sure the age of the Malibu, but it has 41,000 miles on it. Mary Jane is at 110,000 right now, and is 5 years old or so. We've had her 18 months. I assume paint shops don't buy brand new cars as loaners, and who knows how it's been treated, so that may have a lot to do with that odd noise that comes from the rear of the vehicle. Overall, it's a wonderful reminder of a tremendous blessing.

Speaking of blessings, I decided on a shingle color. And it went pretty much the way my choosing paint colors goes. I hem and haw and agonize about just the right choice, and end up throwing up my hands and just picking whatever. It's kinda gray. Or, excuse me, Weatheredwood. You can see it on a house here. That is not MY house, mind you. We'd have that thing ringed in motorcycle carcasses and chickens would be living under the porch. In any case, the shingles have been chosen, and I'm sure they'll clash terribly with the existing peeling-paint color, so that'll keep the taxes appropriate for another year, until we get a chance to paint. Wow, so many blessings wrapped up into one...

By way of pregnancy, I'm less than 6 weeks from The Estimated Date. Which means I have to take some really nasty stuff. Specifically these Blue Cohosh drops. Wow are they gross. Now don't freak out if you just googled it. Apparently nature-loving humanity-hating hippies like to OD on that for abortive purposes, but that's not the plan here. It stimulates and possibly strengthens the uterine muscles or something. It definitely stimulates the gag reflex. I gave a drop to Hubby, and wondered if it would find anywhere to land, him lacking in the whole uterine-muscle department and all. It didn't seem to have any affect. I'm taking some other drops too, "Birthing Preparation" or somesuch. Very responsible of me to know so much about it, huh? Ten drops of each of these, 3 times a day. Nasty ones on the back of the tongue, others under it. The Birthing Prep one is somewhat spicy, and they're both in alcohol, so THAT's good for me, right? :] I think I'm supposed to be taking daily baths (ha, right!) in ginger, but the fly tapes, fuses, and loaner car with an eighth a tank of gas has really messed up my cashflow for a couple days.

Who gives a pregnant lady with 2 kids and a pile of errands a car with 1/8 tank of gas?!? I almost went in and asked for a siphon tube, so as to borrow from my own 3/4 tank. Autobody Nazis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you planning to birth at home? All natural birth with no drugs I am assuming? If you looked on my blog, you probably saw I had a niece born today. It mixes up so many emotions. I was talking to hubby today about niece and he says "you want to have another one, don't you"? I do. I really regret him getting fixed. But I do have some kitties ready to be born anyday now. That's kind of the same right? He He

EllaJac said...

...Yeah.. I think that's the plan. My first two kids were born somewhat-naturally. WEll, kinda. My eldest was 9 lb 5 oz and I did that with a couple doses of stadol (a narcotic). I was induced with my 2nd, and the stadol didn't do a darn thing, and I elected for an epidural, very shamefacedly. Of course, by the time the anesthesiologist had done the hard part (giant syringe, catheter in my spine, etc), I was having a baby and he ran screaming from the room. Had I known it wouldn't be more than 45 minutes from the time I asked for the epidural to when I had her, I'd have hung on. Oh, and they still charged me for the epidural...