Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shock and Awe?

Guess what? As I write this, Tile Guy is in my master bathroom, tossing down wet cement to complete the shower pan. Actually, perhaps I should call him Cement Guy, or Pan Guy, because he won't be doing the tile. The original plan was for him to do the entire pan, and Hubby and I would finish: Walls, tiling, grout, etc. At this point I don't think I'd be very good at crawling around laying tile. Especially after yesterday's time spent in the garden, I'd probably kill myself trying to do it. In any case, Hubby's cousin (Pan Guy's son) is planning to do the tile. Well, his wife is planning for him to do it, anyway... :) I'm loathe to pay for the installation of something I know I could accomplish myself, eventually, but I don't have the luxury of waiting for eventually to happen, now! We're in crunch time, for sure.

As to the other bathroom, I scraped out the scary caulking, and yesterday Hubby replaced it, this time without any paranormal influences upon him. It looks very presentable. Now we have to wait till it cures, tomorrow morning. I'll enjoy being able to bathe, certainly, and I'm looking forward to finding my girls under the layers of dirt they're sporting these days. I tried to take them to the city (wading) pool yesterday, and wouldn't you know it; it's closed for the season. We were all excited to be rid of the schoolkids, and enjoy one of the perks of homeschooling, but it was not to be.

Soon, perhaps, I'll have my choice of bath or shower, and then the hard part will be to keep the tax assessor from discovering that.

No comments: