Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yikes!

Well, this just blows my theory out of the water, I guess. It does sound a little more scientific than my idea. Have you noticed how some families seem to have a lot of daughters (or only daughters) and others sons? Of the many genres of music out there, Hubby and I generally prefer the sound of Country Music over some of the other stuff. And I began to notice how many country music stars had daughters. Sometimes several. Sometimes no sons at all. I haven't researched it all out thoroughly, but I can think of several stars, none of whom has more than one son. And some as many as five daughters. Hubby and I have 2 daughters (so far), so I wondered if listening to such music messed with available chromosomes or something. Good friends of ours completely detest country music, choosing instead that weird "hard" stuff, and they have 2 sons.

Now, I've also read about all the fish that are turning from male to female (and they're not exposed to modern American media, OR country music, so that can't be it), and now I read that boys' births have dropped significantly in first-world countries lately. Even places like Japan, where I don't think they have a lot of country music.

But now someone has come up with another possibility:

I got this link in my daily Mercola eHealth newsletter. (If you don't subscribe to it, consider doing so. It's a short email, with 5 or 6 links to articles on his site. Just click on the ones that seem relevant to you.)

The article linked to above is really scary! Gender-bending chemicals in our laundry detergent and cleaning supplies??? Chemical pollution causing the fish-issues? I don't know about you, but things like this, and genetically engineering/modifying animals/plants/whatever just freaks me out more so than other things.

I use fairly natural cleaning products, but I'm going to double check for those particular ingredients, for sure.

No comments: